There are many reasons people craft, but to summarise mine, it would be to enable an avenue to do what I love (relieving stress at the same time) whilst blessing those in my world. And today's new stamp set features a really lovely sentiment "So many of my smiles begin with you."
I posted this card on the Stampin' Up! demonstrators page and had an overwhelming positive response with many asking for a blog post outlining the steps I took to create it. So I hope you find this helpful..
Detailed with Love
I wanted this card to "pop" whilst having the sentiment at the forefront. When I want an intense array of colour I love the result created when using blender tools. They're not expensive and can easily be sourced online (unfortunately Stampin' Up! doesn't supply these at present) and are basically a wooden handle with a removable small circular sponge disc on the base. The removable sponge disc can easily be rinsed under a tap and dried, meaning you don't need to buy heaps of sponge discs as they are easily reusable.
Stamp Set: Detailed with Love
Cardstock: Berry Burst; Whisper White
Ink: Berry Burst; Gorgeous Grape; Highland Heather; Basic Black
Ribbon: Berry Burst Fine Woven Ribbon
Embellishments: Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Punch/ Dies: Truly Tailored Punch; Oval Framelits Dies
1. Take an A4 Berry Burst piece of cardstock and cut it to 10.5cm x 14.9cm. Score down the centre & fold to create the base of your card.
2. Take a large piece of Whisper White cardstock, and place a scrap piece of paper underneath. Taking a blender tool, ink up berry burst & making circular motions on the underlaying scrap paper, work your way onto the whisper white cardstock, aiming for a triangular corner of the colour. Build to the intensity you desire.
Note: Yep, I'm sure you've picked up that the two ink pads on the right are different to the far left one, and you'd be correct! With the launch of the NEW 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue, Stampin' Up! have released their new style of stamp pads and a fabulous colour update, featuring 10 totally new colours and bringing back some favourites from the past! And I have to say, the new & returning colours are utterly appealing!!
3. Repeat step 2, this time with Gorgeous Grape ink, and build another strip of colour, blending the berry burst edging into it. Then do the same with Highland Heather.
4. Once you are happy with your ink blended cardstock, take the Truly Tailored Punch & cut out as many as you can, trying to get a good few that contain two colours on them. Then rearrange to your preference.
5. Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 9.5cm x 13.9cm. Cut another piece 9.1cm x 13.5cm and adhere your punched out shapes onto this smaller piece of card using Tombow Adhesive Glue. Trim edges of punched cutouts if required. Adhere this smaller patterned cardstock onto the larger white card piece. Then adhere onto your Berry Burst card front.
6. Now to dress it up.. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black onto white cardstock and die cut the shape using Oval Framelits Dies. Take your ribbon and place in a "z" type configuration, adhering with glue dots to position it on the card front. Then adhere your sentiment with dimensionals, placing it on top of the ribbon. For the three flowers, you need to stamp 4x Highland Heather flowers using the small floral stamp, and 2x Gorgeous Grape larger flowers. Fussy cut these out by hand. Layer the flowers using a mini dimensional and top with a rhinestone basic jewel. Lastly, add an additional 3 rhinestone basic jewels and voila! Your card is completed!
It sounds harder than it actually is to make, so I definitely encourage you to give it a go, especially if you have never used a blending tool!
If you have liked my card, please feel free to leave me a comment below - I love & appreciate hearing your feedback. If you would like to purchase any of the products used to make this card please click HERE.
And today is a very special day in the Stampin' Up! world! It is the release day for their BRAND NEW 2018-2019 ANNUAL CATALOGUE!!! Eeeekkk! There are some absolutely exquisite stamp sets, the new colour launch and updated ink pads, and the embellishment ranges will leave you drooling, but don't just take my word for it, check out the new catalogue HERE.
And if you do want to request your own hard copy and don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, please click on the link on the left side of this page to request your copy.
Here is a small clip showcasing some of the new products:
Well that's it from me today, thanks for stopping by and see you next time!