Thursday 25 May 2017

Watercolour Play

Hello,

It's that time of year when the weather starts turning cooler.  Thankfully nothing beats staying warm indoors with a cup of tea, the smell of freshly made muffins wafting through the house and being able to sit down and experiment with watercolours for some cards.

I wish I could say my experimenting yielded awesome results, but it is still a work in progress.  At a craft market I attended last year, I had purchased a set of 12 Nuance Powders and I must admit, trying to replicate how bright and effective they are with Stampin' Up products is a bit of a challenge.  But I will persevere and get there! Eventually. lol 


I quite like how my watercoloured flowers turned out - Using the Stampin' Up! Sunshine Sayings stamp set, I white embossed the flower outline, then selected Berry Burst, Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Sugarplum and applied these using an aqua painter.  My aqua painter releases a fair amount of water while painting, and I found this beneficial in creating the watercolour effect relatively easily. I allowed them to dry naturally, adding more ink as required to darken the effect.  


To make the card, I opted for the beautiful new In Color 2017-19 Berry Burst cardstock and used the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate (gold dot design) to create a bit of interest. The leaves were cut using the Flourish Thinlit Dies.  I heat embossed the black sentiment onto vellum, and this was framed used the Layering Squares Framelits. 


I hope you like the card I created, and inspired you to try your hand at watercolouring.  It is a technique that requires patience and experimenting with various colours, various paper cardstock and styles, but the end product can be amazing!

Recommended Products:



Enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you again soon..

Lorin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment