First of all I need to apologise for my lack of posts & creations both on here & social media since the beginning of this year. Our family has been dealing with some major health issues over the past months & I have had to take a back step from my cardmaking for a time.. these issues are still ongoing but will try my best to create & post my creations as I am able to :)
I am still holding monthly card classes & if you reside in the western suburbs of Melbourne & keen to learn new techniques or just come along for some great conversation & company while we craft, we would love to have you join us! For class information, please click here, otherwise flick me an email at email@example.com
Which brings me to today’s blog post...
Pretty in Pink: Cake Soiree!
It is no secret that this stamp set is my favourite from the 2018 Occasions Catalogue - I love the feminine floral images & the flowers & leaves that complement the main images beautifully. It is a set which is superb for engagements, weddings, anniversaries, & birthdays and can easily be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
For this month’s card class I wanted to create a reasonably simple card using a new technique & this is the card we will be making:
This card is fairly simply to create, so I have decided to write up the full instructions so you can make it yourself at home too!
- Pink Pirouette A4 Cardstock (116203)
- Whisper White A4 Cardstock (106549)
- Pear Pizzazz A4 Cardstock (131290)
Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Pad (126956)
- Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Pad (144086)
- Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Pad (131180)
- Pearl Basic Jewel (144219)
- White Baker’s Twine (124262)
- Sponge Daubers (133773)
- Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (145656)
- Cake Soiree Stamp Set (145745)
- Sweet Cake Framelits Dies (145617)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Mini Glue Dots (103683)
1. Cut your Pink Pirouette A4 Cardstock in half at 14.9cm. Fold this cut piece in half, leaving you with your base card measuring 10.5cm x 14.9cm.
2. Cut a whisper white card piece measuring 8.9cm x 13.5cm. Do not adhere this to your card base just yet!
3. Cut another piece of Pink Pirouette card measuring 8.5cm x 13.1cm. Using your big shot machine, we are going to emboss this piece using the stemmed leafy embossing folder. It is important here that you only emboss the left 1/2-2/3 of this card.
4. Using the Sweet Cake Framelit tag die, cut out this in white Cardstock using your big shot. Cut two strips 15cm in length of the white bakers twine. Lining this up with the 3rd stemmed embossed line on your pink card piece, and having the twine go through the tag hole at the top, adhere these two strips of twine onto your card (this can be done by using double sided tape on the underside of the card). Once twine is adhered, attach the pink embossed card piece onto your white card piece. Then use dimensionals on the rear of this white card to adhere onto your pink folded card base, ensuring it is centred. I placed a glue dot on the rear top of the tag, just under the tag hole, to stop the tag sliding up & down the card.
5. Using melon mambo ink, stamp “For You” in the top left quarter of that cake tag. Next take the Pear pizzazz ink, and we are going to stamp the stems (the one with the small ball type dots on the ends of the stems) this tag twice, on the bottom right corner of the tag. Note, I used a scrap piece of paper to cover the filigree type pattern at the base of the tag while stamping this, as I didn’t want this part stamped.
6. Next we are going to layer an embellishment of leaves and flowers on top of these stamped stems on your tag. First, take some Pear pizzazz card stock & the leaves framelits dies & cut 2 pieces out. Then stamp 2 Lemon Lime Twist leaves onto white card stock & cut these out using the corresponding framelits.
7. For the flower, ink the whole flower stamp in pink Pirouette ink. Using a dauber, lightly dip it in the melon mambo ink & gently add this ink to the edges of your stamp, ensuring you do not dauber over the middle of your stamp. We want a two toned stamped image! I recommend you stamp these onto scrap paper first to ensure you get the desired effect you like. Then die cut this out using your corresponding framelits die. Then cut a Pink Pirouette floral outline using the framelits dies, use your tombow or clear glue, and gently add a minute amount of glue to the centre back part of your floral outline cutout. Attach this to your two-toned stamped flower with a dimensional, and place a pearl jewel on top of this in the centre.
8. To assemble the floral arrangement, use glue dots to layer first your Pear pizzazz green leafy stems, then your lemon lime twist stamped leaves & finally your flower. You want the layered stems/ leaves to poke out behind the flower.
9. To complete your card, tie a bow in the white bakers twine & adhere using a glue dot on the tag hole. And voila, your card is finished :)
I hope you have enjoyed making this card & get even more pleasure passing it on to someone you care about, after all cardmaking is just as much about the giving as it is in the making! To purchase any of the items used to make today's card, you can do so by clicking here.
I will end by just reminding you that the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalogue continues on until the 31st May 2018, however the Sale-a-Bration promotion (ie one free item per $90 spend) concludes on the 31st March! So if you have your eye on one of the freebie items, do ensure you place a $90 order before the end of this month otherwise you will miss out!
Have a wonderful weekend, till next time..