Thursday 14 September 2017

Perfect Day Inspiration


Hi Crafters,

Have you ever been stuck in a rut using your favourite colours over & over? Or perhaps certain colour combinations? Well if you are anything like me, you order the coloured paper packs in subtles, regals, brights, etc. and then within weeks you have used those minimal three sheets in your favourite colours and are left with a stack of those drab don't-quite-want-to-jump-to-utilise-them ones, but not to worry, we will get around to using them... someday ;)

So what do you do when you get stuck in the same old routine of using the same old colours day in and day out?  Thankfully in today's day & age we are surrounded by avenues that can get our creative juices flowing... do you utilise pinterest, or google images, or follow blog hops, or online crafting social pages?  Some of these avenues offer a range of inspiration from card or scrapbooking layout sketches, to different techniques, or exciting new products that take the ordinary to the extraordinary.  

Today, I want to encourage you to think outside the square.. to expand and build on your favourite colour palette. To be bold.  To be daring.  To try new things.  Yes, you!! 

So for a moment I want you to consider what are your go to colours? Do you stick to white or cream cardbases? Or do you mix it up with bold and bright colours?  Do you use complementary colours or colours that clash but create a statement?
Now I want you to consider a colour you don't use much or at all.  What cardstock colours do you have that would complement or work with that particular colour? Or perhaps you have patterned paper that would work with it? Give it a go and see where it leads... 

For those that know me well, my favourite colours are pink, gold, purple, navy & bermuda bay.  These are my go to colours. So today I tried to team colours together that were a bit different to what I normally would opt for. I tried teaming cardstock together & today it just wasn't gelling (we all have those days, right?) So I decided to start with my patterned paper sheets/ pads & work backwards.  Stick with me here...

This year we have an amazing new product line called "Memories & More".  Whilst this range is aimed primarily at scrapbooking & photo albums, they are a perfect addition to your card making supplies.  There are a range of card packs featuring some gorgeous paper, sentiments, stickers, foil borders and shapes etc. And best of all each pack comes in complementary themes and colours, some of which coordinate perfectly with some of our stamp sets!

So today, I picked up the Perfect Days card pack.  Some of the colours in this set include Basic Black, Emerald Envy, Lemon Lime Twist, Soft Sky, Whisper White & Sahara Sand. This formed the basis of my card inspiration, along with a particular patterned paper card that I really liked. Here is the card I created...


Using the Happiest of Days stamp set, the card base was Emerald Envy, topped with a layer of Lemon Lime Twist & Crumb Cake. 



I hope you have been inspired to step out of your comfort zone and try new colour combinations!  Sometimes when we are pushed outside our comfort zone we produce better results than normal.. Let me know how you get on :)

Till next time,

Lorin xx






No comments:

Post a Comment